Total Duration – 8 Nights / 9 Days (Ex Leh)
Maximum Altitude – 3303 m/ 10900 ft
Grade – Challenging
Best Season – January to February
Accommodation – Hotel/Guesthouse in Leh; Organized Campsite
Food – On trek – All meals included
Day 1: Arrival in Leh (3500 m) - Altitude 11,400 ft. Stay in Guest House
Day 2: Acclimatization Walk in Leh- Altitude 11,400 ft. Stay in Guest House
Day 3: Getting a medical check-up at SNM Hospital- Altitude 11,400 ft. Stay in Guest House
Day 4: Lower Shingra and Somo Paldar - 11,400 to 10,390 ft. - Drive 75 kms | 08 Kms Trek | Stay in tent
Day 5: Trek to Dib Cave/Tibb -10,550 - 10,760 ft. - Trek 15 KMs - Stay in tent
Day 6: Dib Cave/Tibb to Camp at Naerak - 10,760 - 11,150 ft. - Trek 12.5 KMs - Stay in tent
Day 7: Naerak to Tibb/Gaylpo- 11,150 - 10,760 ft. - Trek 14.5 KMs - Stay in tent
Day 8: Tibb to Shingra Koma & Back To Leh- 10,390 to 11,400 ft. - Drive 75 kms | 08.5 Kms Trek | Stay in Guest House
Day 9 : Departure from Leh
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) Available dates for Chadar Trek
January’2020(10 Batches): 4-Jan, 7-Jan, 10-Jan, 13-Jan, 16-Jan, 19-Jan, 22-Jan, 25-Jan, 28-Jan, 31-Jan
February’2020(04 Batches): 3-Feb, 6-Feb, 9-Feb, 12-Feb Limited Seats Available!
2) Pricing and Variants
Rs.20,500/- excluding permits and airport return transfers
Rs.25,500/- including Trekking Pole, Gum Boots, Permits, Environmental Fee, Wildlife Fee, ALTOA, LAHDC and airport drop.
Plus 5% GST will be applicable on both the variants
3) Booking and Cancellation All the booking canceled before 15-December are eligible for 50% refund. There will not be any refund applicable for new bookings and existing bookings after 15th-December.
4) What if someone booked the tour but the trek didn't happen? (Refunds and operations) In case the Chadar is not formed we will offer the alternate trek for the same duration.
5) What if some natural calamities happen in between the treks? Adventure Phunk takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during the trekking expeditions. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Adventure Phunk will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes rising due to the above are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi/Delhi only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which they would not be allowed to take part in the trekking and expeditions.
6) If any kind of permission required entering in some certain areas? Any other charge that the local authority (LAHDC, ALTOA or any other) may charge development fee during the trek (which may range anywhere between 500- 3000 INR per head). All of this kind of charges are to be paid by trekkers in advance before starting the trek and not included in the package. Currently, the Fee is Rs.2, 300 for Indians and Rs.2, 800 for Foreigners.
7) To and Fro transportation details? Transportation from Base Camp Leh to Leh is included in the package as per the itinerary. Airport transfers pick up or drop may be arranged at an additional cost of Rs.1000/- Per Taxi
8) Stay during the trip? Stay will be in Hotels with heating and hot water facility while in Leh City. Tented accommodation will be provided on twin/triple sharing basis while on the trek. + Single Supplement @ Rs.8500/- Extra (1 Person 1 Room and 1 Tent)
9) Food: What and how will it be provided? Meals will be provided while on the trek. Our cooks will be serving the simple vegetarian nutritious veg hot meals for breakfast and dinner during the camping. Pack lunch will be provided during the trek. (Rice pulao, potato, dal, local dishes, hot soups, eggs, bread, poha, sweet, tea, milk, high energy bars, dry fruits, juices etc. is the regular menu)
10) Medication Oxygen cylinders and first aid will be there during the trek. Rescue and medical team will be available on call in case of any exigencies.
The Big NO To
· No denim or jeans – not suited for this trek.
· Snacks, colas, alcohol and personal food – No need to overburden yourself with food. Do not carry any disposable plastic bottles like (Bisleri, Aquafina), plastic wrapped/packaged items.
· Do not bring any non bio degradable material.
· After packing, weigh your gear. It should be in the range of 8-10 kg – preferably on the lighter
· side. Anything heavier, you will need to iterate and remove what is not essential.
· Carry light and what is essential. As an example, toothpaste should be bought in small size (that can last you 10 days).
· Some general advice about clothing: To protect yourself from cold, dressing in layers is the mantra. Two T-shirts worn one over the other is warmer than a T-shirt that is thick. 3 T-shirts worn one over the other is as good as a full sweater. This is just a guideline. If you are prone to cold carry extra warm clothing.
Along with the above list, please ensure you also carry the following documents:
An identification card (like driving license, voters ID card etc), along with a photocopy.
A passport size photo.
A medical certificate Format will be sent after confirmation.
Disclaimer certificate. Format will be sent after confirmation.
The documents are mandatory. Without them you will not be allowed to trek.
INR: 20,500/- + 5% G.S.T. Extra
Fixed Departures Dates(14 Batches):
January’2020 (10 Batches): 4-Jan, 7-Jan, 10-Jan, 13-Jan, 16-Jan, 19-Jan, 22-Jan, 25-Jan, 28-Jan, 31-Jan
February’2020 (04 Batches): 3-Feb, 6-Feb, 9-Feb, 12-Feb
Departure Dates: as per your requirement - customized date for your group in January-2019. please let us know prior so that we can keep the date as fixed departure date.
**NOTICE: According to Government of Jammu & Kashmir, Office of District Magistrate, Leh it has been decided to impose fees & restrictions on a number of tourist undertaking the Chadar trek. It was decided unanimously that for the ensuing season fees for foreign trekkers Rs. 2500/trip & for domestic trekkers Rs. 2000/ trip shall be enforced. So please participant you need to pay this separately on your reporting day.
if there is any change in local government tax, it will be borne by clients only. the company does not hold any responsibility or liability for that.
· Additional Night at Hotel in Leh @ Rs.1800 Per Person/Night on Twin Sharing Basis without meals.
· Sightseeing/Taxi can be arranged from our travel desk at the Base Camp Leh on actual as per the rate of Leh Transport & Taxi Union.
· Oxygen cylinders and first aid will be there during the trek. Rescue and medical team will be available on call in case of any emergencies.
· Tented accommodation will be provided on twin/triple sharing basis while on the trek.
· Single Room and Tent available at Rs. 12500 /- extra
Enjoy the beautiful white sheet of Chadar (A Frozen River Trek) in Ladakh